If you have received an abnormal mammogram, or if you or your doctor found a lump or other change in the breast, you should keep in mind that these changes in the breast are very common, and most of them are not cancerous.You have to make the follow-up tests.
A sharp increase in the volume of breasts:
- This could be a result of weight gain. Each kilo or pound affects the size of the breast directly.
- PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome), or a negative effect of the new hormonal contraceptive method being used.
- The last option is pregnancy.
A large reduction in breast size:
- This could be an indication that you are losing weight.
One breast is bigger than the other:
- This phenomenon is very typical among women. But, it is more noticeable during Pre Menstrual Syndrome.
- This could be a sign of breast cancer. If there is any abnormal tissue change that changes the shape of the breast, it is a warning sign and you should attend medical supervision.
Skin irritation under the breasts:
- This condition may be because of an allergic reaction to any material: stained undergarments or wires that are often found in brasseries (bras).
- Also, it could be an indication of inflammation of the skin. This condition is common in women with large breasts. Friction combined with sweat result irritation.
Lumps in the breast aureole:
- This is a natural change in the nipple. The function of breasts is milk production, and small lumps are terminations of the glands. During the menstrual cycle,they could be very noticeable.
A large bulge in halo:
- It could be a breast cyst. It is known that cysts usually are not dangerous, but, it is very important to control them.
- It could be a sign of tumor. If you notice some changes within the breast, and if the changes can be seen or felt naked eye, you should immediately visit a gynecologist.
- This might be a reaction to certain cosmetics or medicines that contain male hormones.
- It could refer to polycystic ovary syndrome. Acne and irregular menstrual cycleare other common symptoms.
- This means that you have an allergic reaction to some lotion, soap, body lotion or fabric. It is very important to wash the new bras, prior to using in order to avoid this hassle.
- It could be a sign of menstruation. Sometimes hormonal changes cause
- This might refer to cancer nipple. Even though rare, but if presented together with secretion, it might be alarming.
White nipple discharge:
- Physical stimulation can be the reason for this.
- Additionally, it can be a negative effect of some Even though it is not dangerous, it is a symptom that should not be ignored.
Red nipple discharge:
- There is a chance of benign tumor that can arise in the channel breast milk. You definitely need an advice of your
Lump of tissue in the chest:
- It could be an enlarged milk duct, but it appears because of the changes before menstruation or stress.
- It might be a cyst or tumor. It is necessary to visit a doctor,ifthe changes are made more remarkable.
Big lump in any part of the breast:
- You could refer to a cyst. In a case the tumor is round and when pressed itmoves, then we talk about a benign cyst. Usually, its size is about 1 cm.
- Also, it can be an indication of breast cancer. So, this change should not be ignored.You should immediately visit a doctor,if you do not feel that it is moving and changing under finger pressure.